Private Customized Trips
With over 40 years of experience we can design a unique custom tour for groups of friends, family or business colleagues. You choose the destination, style of accommodations, travel dates and activities. We take care of all the planning to make it an unforgettable adventure.
Gerhard has operated tours in most European countries, New Zealand, Australia, Sri Lanka, China and Tahiti. Some of our top favorite tour options include the following:
RIVER SHIPS & BARGING
Cruising the canals and waterways of Europe is a relaxing and timeless voyage never to be forgotten. On board a floating hotel-barge the atmosphere is friendly, schedules are unhurried, and the passing scenery is sublime. Each day presents another unique opportunity for adventure as you travel through the ever-changing countryside.
We have a long standing relationship with numerous hotel barges and river ships that can accommodate 6 to 140 guests onboard. All have cabins with private facilities, central heating/air conditioning and offer exceptional service with distinctive dining. Private group charters can be arranged on select dates for six and seven night cruises operating March to November. Each itinerary can be customized to include such interests as biking, walking, golf, wine, cuisine, architecture and French gardens.
Chartering your own barge maximizes your holiday enjoyment and provides the advantage of privacy, freedom and flexibility. You have the luxury of a private vessel with a guide and crew devoted exclusively to your group. We will custom design the cruise exactly as you wish, adapting the activities, excursions, and interests to your needs and desires. Typical rates for the week range from $3,000 to $4,800 per person.
Following is a sampling of some regions that are available on our barges and river ships:
• RHINE RIVER—starting in the Netherlands, we’ll take in the art; architecture and culture of Germany; Luxembourg and Alsace, France.
• ELBE RIVER—stretching 724 miles, the Elbe flows from the Czech Republic into Germany, through the large harbor city of Hamburg and empties into the North Sea.
• DANUBE RIVER—an impressive journey as we travel through five countries full of sights that will bring to mind the great moments in European history. Discover the art, architecture and culture of some of Europe’s most classic cities.
• UPPER LOIRE RIVER—with medieval villages, 17C chateaux and glorious flower gardens. Private tasting of the famous Sancerre wine.
• DIJON & BURGUNDY—quaint villages, famous vineyards, unique architecture and hearty cuisine all along the way.
• CHABLIS & WESTERN BURGUNDY—cathedrals, abbeys and medieval walled towns. Private tasting of the real Chablis wines.
• BORDEAUX—Cycle through picturesque medieval villages and chateaux. Wine tasting, including the famous Medoc and Saint Emilion.
• CAMARGUE & PROVENCE—Roman ruins and beautifully restored hilltop villages. Stops in the medieval towns Avignon and Arles.
• CHAMPAGNE—magnificent chateaux, cathedrals and formal gardens. Private wine tasting in Moet et Chandon cellars.
• BELGIUM & SOUTHERN HOLLAND—chocolate, windmills and old historic towns, famous for their cheese and architecture. Explore Amsterdam, with its 90 islands and 400 bridges.
• WINE & DINE ODYSSEY—Experience the hospitality of the Mosel and Rhine River valleys, as well as the Alsace and Lorraine regions of France on our 22 passenger barge, the Merlijn.
• HISTORIC ANTEBELLUM SOUTH—discover the charm of a bygone era as we cruise from Charleston, SC to Amelia Island, Florida. The trip highlights the history and culture of each port, including such favorites as Beaufort, Hilton Head, Savannah and Jekyll Island.